Well, to end our program, we had a fun party in Manaus. Shawndeen, Michele and I came up with certificates of completion or recognition and we hand them out to everyone. I don't want to forget what they were so here is the list for my personal remembering: (not word per word, but close!)
Me - most likely to swim across the world
Michele - most likely to be scared of everything
Shawndeen - best choreographer
Sara - best gangster
Mike - best hair
Joe - most likey to scream like a girl
Joshua - best mustache
Vanessa - best program director at deciding between bad idea and good idea
Natalia - most patient big sister
Marcelo - best fisherman
Danilo - Jordan's little brother
Jordan - best husband
Felipe - most likely to spend the next 2 years in Mexico
Cindy - best movie director
Johnny - most likely to get injured
Tawnya - best singer
Michelle - most energetic
Matt - most cultured
Mitch - biggest spender
Carla - cutest latina
Brady - best dancer
Doug - nicest person
We then watched an amazing video that Cindy put together and that gives an overview of everything we did this Study Abroad. It was so fun to review those special moments. It is impossible to describe all that I have done and learned on this trip, but I will always treasure the interaction with the Brazilian people, their kindness and good humor, and how I felt when we visited the favela in Peixinhos. I will always remember the beautiful sites we visited (thank goodness for pictures and videos!!!). I will always remember the wonderful tasting food, especially the fruits! And I will hold a special place in my heart for the great group of students, professor and her family whom I shared 7 weeks with on this study abroad.
No comments:
Post a Comment