Sunday, June 17, 2012

I am here !!!!

I arrived in Recife, Brazil a few hours ago. The flights were on time and everything went well. I have a super funny and sweet roommate and we are staying with a really nice family that lives close to the beach. Close as in I see the beach from my bedroom window. Yeah. I want to go there! We got here just in time to to to sacrament meeting (in our jeans and everything) and it was really nice to meet some of the local members.

The drive to the apartment was fun and busy. I love city life so it was cool to see lots of people walking around and to see street vendors and shops etc. This evening the daughters of the family we are staying with  will go show us where the bus stop is and how far the school is.

I had a wonderful lunch of pork, rice, salad and a juice of a fruit I have never had before ha ha I will find out what it was called. The family loved my Portuguese accent and that was a relief. They are super sweet!

I need a nap really bad, so I will talk more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment