Here we go again on a trip! This time it was only a 2 hour bus ride, and we arrived in João Pessoa ready to go to the beach!
We changed into our swimming suits and some of us even wore our white cover ups:
We headed off to the beach, and even though it was overcast, some of us got into the water right away and swam for a while. Shawndeen, Mitch and I swam out to a little white boat that was anchored far away. It was tiring, but fun! And without the danger of sharks, we felt pretty safe.
Others made a sandcastle and some helped Mitch and Shawndeen turn into mermaid and merman, has they got buried in the sand!
I fet pretty proud of myself for catching a small crab, and I got bit a few times. A fisherman, I think that is what he was, came over and helped us learn about these species and how we cant tell who is the female and who is the male. I was once again reminded of the hospitality and kindness that the Brazilians have showed us since we have been here, and that applies to a simple fisherman to a taxi driver or professor.
At night we went to have dinner on the pier, and watch the Bolero de ravel being played by a man playing the sax We also visited shops and some of us bought souvernirs for our families. It was fun to watch individuals and families come to the pier to just enjoy themselves, to eat and to talk with their friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment