7/16/12
Natal is another beautiful city on the coast of Rio Grande do Norte. We had a fun day in Natal today! It started off with an amazing breakfast, and I ate quite a bit of food! Wonderful fruits, casseroles, breads and snack cakes. Then we went to the beach and I swam for a long time with some of my friends. There is something about the ocean that makes me want to play in it for a long time; I think it's because the waves are alive to me and each is unique. Watching the waves made me think about our Study Abroad group. We are all here with one purpose but everyone is different enough to be an individual.
For lunch we had açaí in a bowl, with condensed milk, ganola and bananas.. This treat has become one of our favorite meals and we can find it pretty much everywhere close to the beach.
After swimming and playing in the sand, we went to ride the dunes on these amazing buggies!.We got the best and more daring driver and we loved it!
Again, I thought it was great how our driver pointed out some cultural or historical facts for us to observe about the city or the dunes.
At night we were all pretty worn out from the fun day and went to get pizza for dinner. Everything went well, but the waiter dropped a pizza on my shoulder...I was shocked at first, but realized that I just had to wash my hair and shirt off and enjoy the dinner. The waiter was very apologetic, and Vanessa and I wondered if that had happened in the States the restaurant would have been sued. It was such a fun day!!! I am so glad I came on the Study Abroad, it's been wonderful and I am going to miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment